I can hear you laughing already! 5 Earth Day Activities for the busy mom?! How many times did you forget Earth Day Stef? Plenty!
Earth Day comes right around the time I’m throwing out dried paint, empty glitter glue bottles, and passing down used curriculum. The last thing I want to do is craft a pretty Earth all over the place. I know where we live!
Sure those planet cupcakes look awesome but I don’t need another Saturn ring around my middle. Nor do I think that does much to actually participate in Earth Day!
Of course my rebellious spirit stirs when I’m forced to celebrate an occasion on a specific day. (Don’t even get me started on Valentine’s Day y’all!)
Yet we’re not alone celebrating. According to Google:
Earth Day is an annual event celebrated on April 22. Worldwide, various events are held to demonstrate support for environmental protection. First celebrated in 1970, Earth Day events in more than 193 countries.
So … let’s start tree hugging this week and practice 5 activities that support environmental protection.
5 Earth Day Activities:
1. Pick up trash. Around your house, yard, playground, church, beach, park, library and/or school!
2. Plant flowers. Pretty ones to attract bees & butterflies are always my pick.
3. Turn it off. Kick off your AC (yes, it’s on in FL now), turn off some lights, don’t recharge your 100th device.
4. Park the car. Walk or bike to a friend’s house, downtown, carpool or just skip unnecessary trips.
5. Turn off the tap! When washing dishes, brushing teeth, shorten showers, etc.
We know the drill we just don’t think twice about doing it. But it’s worth it! If you must craft – use Legos or recycle scraps.